1 gigantor zucchini, trimmed, sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon curry powder (skipped, didn’t have it)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
0. Preheat barbecue (medium heat).
1. Score cut side of zucchini halves diagonally about 1/4 inch deep at 1-inch intervals.
2. Melt butter with lemon juice concentrate, lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, and curry powder in heavy small saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Brush seasoned butter on cut side of zucchini.
4. Place zucchini on grill and cook until charred on all sides and just beginning to soften, about 12 minutes.
5.If desired, arrange zucchini on grill, cut side up, and sprinkle with cheese; close lid of barbecue and cook until cheese just softens, about 1 minute. Transfer zucchini to platter.
Today’s Trial Recipe Rating:
Novelty Rating: 3 of 5 stars.
Yeah yeah, it’s zucchini and it’s grilled, and there’s cheese on it..
Likelihood of Repeat: 15%
Doubt I’ll bother with this again, it was good with the hot dogs and burger and pasta salad for a weekend grilling, but not spectacular.
Lesson Learned: …