My friend Chase made scrambled eggs for breakfast, “the Ramsay Way.” I played sous chef with the ham, and self-designated shutterbug, obvi. Below is the modified recipe per what we did. Thanks, Chase! Always fun to try something new!
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, diced (ice-cold)
2 tablespoons creme fraiche (skipped this, didn’t have any creme fraiche next to our grey poupon..)
freshly ground sea salt and pepper
3 chives, snipped (also skipped this one, none available)
4 English muffins, halved and toasted (we used 2, and made open-faced sandwiches for lower carb factor).
8 slices canadian bacon
- Break the eggs into a cold, heavy-based pan, place on the lowest heat possible, and add half the butter. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently to combine the yolks with the whites.
- As the mixture begins to set, add the remaining butter. The eggs will take about 4-5 minutes to scramble – they should still be soft and quite lumpy. Don’t let them get too hot – keep moving the pan off and back on the heat(as the bottom of the pan stays heated even after taking it off of the stove).
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffins.
- Fry the Canadian bacon on medium heat, in a tiny bit of oil until browned, flipping frequently to avoid burning.
Add the crème fraîche and season the eggs at the last minute, then add the snipped chives.
- Put the toast on warm plates, pile the softly scrambled eggs on top, add the ham/canadian bacon and serve immediately.
Novelty Rating: 5 of 5
Food is delicious when it’s made with love by friends, thanks!
Likelihood of Repeat: 75% or 100%
Liked it so much K made it again a couple days later!
Lesson learned: butter is better! We did joke that it was the Paula Deen method of cooking, since we used butter on the ham too. But you know, just don’t have it every day.
Also: Gordon Ramsay may have said some unkind words to Marcus Samuelsson, and I may be sympathetic to Mr. Samuelsson from ear-reading* his autobiography, but the eggs are still good.
Now that the Groupon crowds are gone, I’m excited to finally try SUP yoga (Stand Up Paddleboard yoga) on Sunday. Stay tuned for an update (if I don’t find it too embarrassing)!
*ear-reading: listening to a book on audio. Yes, I just made that up..